Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another Job Opening

Reports are hitting the internets that Theo Epstein may leave the Red Sox to become General Manager of the Chicago Cubs. It's a good move for the Cubbies: Theo already helped end one curse, why not another? I also predicted that the Cubs would win the 2014 World Series back in 2005, and this might boost the odds a bit more in my favor.

We're supposed to believe that a smelly goat 37 years after their last championship is responsible for their 100+ year title drought? Yeah, ok Chi-town.
As for this new opening with the Red Sox, I know one candidate who's perfect for the job: me. I'm available, able, and I would bring all the trenchant analysis and hot-nasty strategy to bear that you've come to expect here at TDZ. I will not comment on speculation that I would build the team around a "Big Bigs" strategy, only that the idea is under serious consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment