Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Super Mario Throes, plus... TDZ Hits 2000!

I believe I've reached the depths of despair for the trivia portion of this blog. No one got the correct answer, which is: true - Wayne Gretzky is the only NHL player ever to reach 200 points. Mario Lemieux reached 199 points in 1988-89 - close, but no cigar.

How did I know about 199? My ol' Panini sticker book told me all about it.
My only solace is that none of my readers care about hockey, so at least they kind of have an excuse, but not really. This week's question will hopefully offer sweet redemption. Here it is:

Dallas Cowboys rookie DeMarco Murray recently rushed for 253 yards, setting a new single game team record. His rushing total also set a new rookie record for the NFL.
  • True
  • False
Talk to the hand, because the cleats ain't listenin'.
Bonus question: Using a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means "John Lackey" and 10 means "totally awesome," rate the fantasy owner that expertly picked up Murray for $14 off waivers and started him on his record-setting day.

TDZ hits 2,000

Lastly, thanks to all the loyal readers of TDZ for their continued readership. Special thanks to Amanda for blowing up my NHL season preview, which accelerated me toward this new plateau. Feel free to send more blog post ideas and requests my way so that TDZ continues to meet all your online time-wasting needs.

On to 3,000 hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment