Sunday, November 2, 2014

Roster Freak Out - Week 9

Well it was a pretty solid run for the RFO, but sadly I couldn't even match Simon's sub-70 score in Week 8. Had I picked Ben Roethlisberger, I would've easily remained undefeated, but I thought Indy's secondary was supposed to be decent this year. Yahoo's color-coded defensive ratings and projected points are the most annoying developments in recent years - I was better when I did my own research instead of being lazy and relying on theirs.


This week is the Halloween edition of the Freak Out, which means I picked these players almost entirely based on whether I could create puns out of their names. Let's hope they strike fantasy ghould!!!


QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick-or-treat - Having this journeyman QB at the helm is truly terrifying.
WR: Mike "All Hallows' Eve-ans" - He's the top target of Zombie-American Mike Glennon.
RB: Peyton "The Hillis Have Eyes" - Amazing that I'm picking a guy whose career died in 2011.
TE: Slay Harbor - Selecting Jags for the RFO kills me.
W/T: Borden Wrathews - Gonna be so pissed if he lets me down again.
W/R: Dwayne Boo - Like zombie movies, every time I pick this guy it's a guaranteed disappointment.
W/R: Jarius Wight - Like the original definition of "wight," he's a warm body.
K: "Shaun of the Dead" Suisham - Steelers-Ravens games are FG bore-fests that will have you wishing you were watching this Simon Pegg classic.
DEF: Washing-tomb - As in this defense will put Week 9's RFO in its grave.


RESULTS:

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick-or-treat - 18.02 points
WR: Mike "All Hallows' Eve-ans" - 24.4 points
TE: Slay Harbor - 0 points
W/T: Borden Wrathews - 10 points
W/R: Dwayne Boo - 5.5 points
W/R: Jarius Wight - 2.9 points
DEF: Washing-tomb - 0 points

Total: 72.82

Oh sweet, sweet candy corn! The RFO is back to its winning ways! Farts Are Funny, Doge Flutie, Deals and Steals, and Crushing It have officially been served floss for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment