Monday, December 12, 2011

Feta Luck Next Time - Weekly Trivia!

This past week's trivia question was quite obscure, so I'm not surprised that no one got the right answer. This event is held in Gloucestershire, England, and touts the gravity propelled deliciousness of Double Gloucester cheese.

I know cheese can't be bad, but eww, what are the dark bits?
Had I been guessing, I would've gone with Cornish Yarg or Wensleydale simply for having great names. Some joker chose Brie though. Aside from my tip, and the fact that it's French, there's no way a cheese that soft can roll like that, chamon now!

For this week's question we're staying Anglo-centric, but traveling back in time to the 11th century, when the Normans launched the last successful invasion of the British Isles.

Hear ye, hear ye! My first act as King is thus proclaimed. I decree these things to be overrated: drawing, penmanship, and teeth.
What is the name of the battle that is credited with clinching the Norman conquest of Britain?
  • Battle of Agincourt
  • Battle of Bosworth
  • Battle of Britain 
  • Battle of Falkirk
  • Battle of Hastings
Have a good week all!

1 comment: