Sunday, June 26, 2011

More trivia! Plus, taking requests.

This week I gave a tough trivia question, especially for the non-Trekkies out there. The actor that has never made an appearance in any of the Star Trek shows or movies is Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad and Malcolm in the Middle fame.
  • The Rock was a guest star as a gladiator-type character in an episode of Voyager. 
  • Before she was ****ing Matt Damon, Sarah Silverman also made a guest appearance as an astronomer in a time travel related Voyager episode. (She's also 40 years old, isn't it weird to think of her as that old?) 
  • Lastly, Andy Dick needed some money and I guess Rick Berman was only too willing to give it to him to play the Emergency Medical Hologram Mark II, an update for "The Doctor" in use in the Alpha Quadrant.
Moral of the story: Voyager had a ton of guest stars to try to boost ratings. Congrats to Matt O. for the correct answer!

This week's question is for all the Greek mythologians out there: Which of the following was not the name of a Greek deity? Hopefully it's not too easy (see below for choices).

I also want to mention that I am taking requests for future articles. My coverage of the Gold Cup was on special request, and having requests actually gives me the impetus to write, so I enjoy it. They can be on any subject, just comment or email me directly!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I had temporarily forgotten about the Danger Zone but Nick reminded me and now I have been treated to a bounty of backlogged hilarity. Well done, Darren.

    I would like to see you weigh in on NHL and MLB realignment.

    ReplyDelete