Monday, March 26, 2012

Correction: This Mayan WAS Lyin'

As the editor-in-chief and sole contributor to The Danger Zone, I know my readers. And if there's one thing they demand above all when they visit my blog, it's journalistic integrity. Whether I'm discussing fat baseball players or relating everything to Star Trek, you want to know that the "news" you're getting maintains the highest standards of quality.


With that in mind, I would like to point out that the image in my January 7, 2012 post titled, in ironic defensiveness, "You Callin' Me a Lyin' Mayan? - Weekly Trivia!," is not actually a stone reflecting the Mayan calendar. It is, rather, a stone from the Mexicas civilization, called the "Stone of the Sun."


A recent trip to the Museo de Antropologia brought the necessary illumination/humility. In fact, most people who misattribute the stone say it's Aztec rather than Mayan, so I'm doubly shame-faced. Please know that this misstep will be accounted for and reflected in the next edition of ISO-9000 standards for "dudes with random blogs."

No comments:

Post a Comment