Saturday, March 17, 2012

TDZ March Madness Leader Board - Round of 32

Just one round of games in the books and already we're seeing some disparity between the brackets. Here's the standings as of right now:

Kirk: 25-7, 25 points
Troi: 24-8, 24 points
Data Lore: 21-11, 21 points
Spock: 20-12, 20 points
Scotty: 14-18, 14 points

Kirk is in the captain's chair right now, and his shields are holding following the opening salvos from Norfolk State and Lehigh since he had Missouri and Duke failing to reach the Sweet 16 anyways. My original speculation of space-time hacking is gaining legitimacy.

It's still early, don't get cocky.

Troi had a strong first round as well, but her Elite 8 was rocked by the dual 15 seed upsets. Only a championship run by Michigan State will do the job, but with the remaining depth in the West division, might I suggest pre-arranging some counseling sessions to overcome the disappointment.

These 15 seeds are driving me crazy!

Yes, that's right, I tricked you all. I'm actually Lore, Data's snickering, contraction-wiedling, emotionally unstable brother. And as I'm teetering on the brink right now, I'm more motivated than ever to kill all biological life... through snide remarks, lethal satire and Star Trek references!


I'm an android on the edge and I'm firing at Will!

Of my friend Spock, I can only say this: of all the brackets I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

If only there was a Genesis device for brackets.

Scotty brings up the rear with a truly busted bracket. With a ship this beyond repair, I suggest crashing into the nearest Dyson Sphere and hiding yourself in your transporter's pattern buffer for decades until no one remembers your ignominy.

See you in 75 years!

2 comments:

  1. If this entire exercise accomplishes nothing but allowing you to justify that picture of Kirk, it was all worth it. Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked I haven't been blasted for my bracket yet. My Sweet 16 picks are painfully ripe for comedic barbs.

    ReplyDelete