Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Vacation 2012, and the return of TRIVIA

Only two from my legion of TDZ acolytes responded to this week's poll, but the decision for my next vacation remains simple as both votes were cast for the great country of... Japan.


I eagerly anticipate attending sumo matches and ninja-style Nippon league baseball games, eating unhealthy quantities of raw fish and rice, having my insides squeezed out trying to use the subway trains, and witnessing some incredible landscapes and architecture, as depicted above.

I'm thinking mid-May will be a good time as temperatures will be in the 70's and baseball and sumo will be going on. Traveling compadres are welcome, as are suggestions of what to do/see, because I'm overwhelmed by the options at the moment.

For this week's trivia question we turn to the wild world of rocks. I've been a fan of rocks since I started a collection in 5th grade, and while certain minerals rock harder than others (below), there's a specific 10-point scale that characterizes the actual hardness of a given mineral.

I want to live in a bismuth house. And install elevators.
The question: which of the following minerals is classified as 6 on the Mohs hardness scale?
  • Quartz
  • Apatite
  • Fluorite
  • Feldspar
  • Gold
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment