Thursday, July 21, 2011

TDZ hits 1000

Just over a week away from its 0.5 year birthday, The Danger Zone has eclipsed 1,000 page views! That's excluding my own page visits, so don't act like you're not impressed. I'm just grateful to all the readers and TDZ acolytes who turned this little blog into the bustling hub of sports and whimsy it is today.

Can you guess what the most clicked TDZ news story is at this millennial mark? Was it the ground-breaking All-Kevin Love Team, or subsequent coverage of NBA uber-phenom Ian Mahinmi? Or maybe it was my eerily accurate predictions for March Madness or up-to-the-minute reporting on the 2011 Gold Cup?


Nope, the top post was this brief blurb on the week's trivia question, followed by a stream of consciousness on the Women's World Cup. This post had double the page views of any other, and most of those page views were driven by Google image searches for Alex Morgan.

RATINGS
There's only one logical conclusion as to why that post was so popular: people love women's sports way more than men's sports. This leaves me with a dilemma...

What should I do?

Should I turn my back on the sports and teams I love? Should I chase the glitz and glamor of popular women's sports blogging?

What should I do?

Should I sell out? Should I trade in my Rajon Rondo jersey for an Alana Beard jersey? Should I make tacos tonight instead of a quesadilla? Should Hollywood really do a remake of Total Recall, starring Colin Farrell?

Well, I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to do the best gorram job a blogger can do covering the sports, teams, players, and idle tangents I want - no compromises! Sorry, general public, but this is one blogger who can't be bought.

In sum: thank you all for your loyal readership, and know that TDZ ain't never gonna change.

1 comment: