Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Roster Freak Out - Week 15

After a sterling regular season, I thought about shutting down the RFO and basking in the glow of a near century-mark performance, but if everyone else gets to have a playoffs, why not my team of ragtag ruffians?

Doge Flutie will have to wait til next year to add a trophy next to his collection of Grey Cups.
Here's how it works - we are now in crunch time. Rather than having the RFO beat any team's score, the team will instead have to beat one of the top 4 contenders, otherwise the season is over. If by some miracle I make it past this week, then I have to score higher than one of the 2 teams in the championship. Think I can do it? Me neither.

This week, the RFO is selling out - all selections will be corporate-sponsored. You thought my guys were playing for pure, inane blog glory, but they're really playing for the Man...


QB: Trader Joe's Flacco - Last time he faced a bottom-feeder team he put up 5 TDs, hoping for more of that magic.
WR: Larry Cantor Fitzgerald - I don't believe Fitzy will end the year with just 2 TDs.
RB: Terrance West-ern Digital - Had a great game against Cincy last time, but needs goal-line carries to produce.
TE: Mychal Scott Paper Company Rivera - Very good since Week 8, but I have yet to dial him up.
W/T: Marqise Lee's Dungarees - Seems to be relatively reliable in the Jags' putrid offense.
W/R: Ruth's Chris Hogan - Bills will likely pass a ton to keep pace with the Packers. Would've preferred Robert Half International Woods.
W/R: Mike Toblerone - This week's shocker special, I'm hoping for at least one goal-line TD with Newton out.
K: Mattel Prater - Solid results lately and at home in the dome.
DEF: New York Life Insurance Jets - I might need to take out a life insurance policy for this team since it's about to die.

*EDIT on 12/11* - I considered subbing out Lee's Dungarees for Toshiba Ger-Heart and Mind Strategies, who will take over for Denard Red Robin-son, now on IR. The season would have truly come full circle if the playoff RFO included a castaway from my original draft. However, it would've been the ultimate insult if Gerhart destroyed not only my fantasy team, but also my fake fantasy team. Fool me once, shame on you...


RESULTS:

QB: Trader Joe's Flacco - 13.64 points
WR: Larry Cantor Fitzgerald - 3 points (on 10 targets, c'mon!)
RB: Terrance West-ern Digital - 2.3 points
TE: Mychal Scott Paper Company Rivera - 3.9 points (12 targets)
W/T: Marqise Lee's Dungarees - 1.4 points (on 9 targets)
W/R: Ruth's Chris Hogan - 0.6 points
W/R: Mike Toblerone - 0.4 points
K: Mattel Prater - 10 points
DEF: New York Life Insurance Jets - 9 points

TOTAL: 44.24 points

Some rotten luck this week with inefficient receivers depending on low-end QBs, but it was a fun season and I'm looking forward to having a fantasy team that is better than my fake fantasy team, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment