Thursday, April 12, 2012

The No-Dice Dozens - Weekly Trivia!

I know, my absence from blogging has been Jamie-Moyer's-career long, but I'm back...

And ready to rock off your block
With a serious noggin knock
You'll be hearin' that tick tock
Noticin' that pebble in your sock
Cuz this question is a lock
To hit you like a trivia Glock
Givin' ya knowledge shell shock
You're gonna need Spock
To avoid a Danger mock

I know what you're thinking: am I going to start off every trivia post I make with a rap from now on? ... maybe.

Before I give you the new stumper, let me wrinkle your brain with the answer to the last trivia question: no #12 seed has ever beat a #1 seed. When I read that, I was quite surprised, so naturally I'm also not surprised that both respondents chose the wrong answer.

The 2001-2002 Missouri Tigers were the most successful #12 seed. Naturally, since their success was just 10 years ago, no photos exist of the team online today.
As for this week's question: I was recently duped by an erroneous piece of trivia, so I'm turning to the field of trickery for a replacement question. In particular, this question is about the Norse trickster god Loki:

Which of the following stories is NOT accurate about the Norse trickster god Loki?
  • He seduced a Giant's stallion and ended up giving birth to a horse with eight legs.
  • He lived in Asgard, but was not one of the Aesir.
  • He was the father of Fenrir, the wolf, who would kill Odin at Ragnarok.
  • He personally killed Odin's second son, Baldr, known as a god of truth and light.
  • He was tied down with the intestines of one of his sons in a cave for the rest of eternity.
Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. It was Au Clair De La Lune. Second was Mary Had A Little Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, you are correct. The trivia site I referenced for this one was way off. New question for tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Apologies again, all, for Bucknering that last trivia question. Enjoy the new one. Also, congrats to Matt-O for being a trivia beast in spite of it.

    ReplyDelete