Monday, May 21, 2012

These Are the Voyages of the Starship... - Weekly Trivia!

Yorktown?! That's right: Gene Roddenberry's original script chronicled the adventures of the starship Yorktown. He named the ship after the last major battle of the Revolutionary War - an apt moniker for the birth of a society with a new ideology. Whoever guessed correctly, make yourself known!

Fun factoid for my nerds: evidently in a nod to the original name change, the Enterprise-A was actually just a recommissioned Yorktown, which explains why Kirk got a new ship so fast after the original Enterprise blew up in Star Trek III.
This week I'm away for work, so I'm going to pose a question about my destination that's hopefully challenging. The subject: English monarchs. They're sometimes mad, often silly, and I know I didn't vote for them! Nevertheless, they exist against all odds, and have for many centuries. Starting with William the Conqueror, I ask this week's question:

Which of the following has NOT been the name of a monarch of England?
  • Mary
  • Anne
  • Stephen
  • John
  • Andrew
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment